For my background page, I used a scrap piece of bristol board from a play day in the past when I tested new stencils and paints. I have a stash of papers like this and never liked this one, but for some reason, I decided the to use it as the weight is good for a page in the planner.
I used vintage labels for the days of the week, cutting them in half so they didn't take up so much room.
I couldn't decide how to separate the days of the week. A strip of black washi tape between each one seemed too much. Drawing a dark black line with a permanent marker didn't seem to strike a chord with me ether. Ah.. my Inktense black watercolor pencil. Still my favorite tool. I quickly scribbled lines around the page and between the days.
The piece of bristol board I used was pretty big before I cut it down. In addition to the acrylic paint on it, it had a shimmery spray that I had also tested. Rather than cut the page to the exact size I needed, I kept it long on one end and folded it over, so the part where the holes are is double thickness. I glued down some kraft paper under that flap that was formed and put some decorative tape over the edge of the flap.
I'm not sure what will go on that page, so I guess I'd better go look at the assignment now!