Monday, November 9, 2009

Waiting for November

Yes, I know it's November already. But I'm waiting to put a November divider in my journal. I'm pretending it's still October. When we last left our journal, it had a brand spanking new October divider, with a jingling fringe of beads and dangly things. I sewed the fringe onto the page, and even took the extra precaution of adding some glue to the ends, just in case the danglies tried to escape. You remember the fringe...


A couple of weeks ago, I was adding some comments in the journal about my trip with Gaye to the St James Art Show. I had used a picture from the paper that happened to show the orange at&t tent by the fountain. The tent where they were taking "free" pictures. A free picture in front of a mural of the fountain. Never mind that the real fountain was just a few steps away.... Since Gaye and I don't have many pictures of the two of us, we decided, why not. So, I was adding that newspaper picture to the journal, plus a copy of the picture they took of us. Maybe I'm being punished for being a little too sarcastic. The point I was trying to make was, don't get your picture made in an orange tent with the sun overhead. It will make you look orange.


So, anyway, I was moving the journal around while I was working on the pages, and suddenly beads started dripping off the journal. Obviously, I had missed a spot when I smugly added extra glue to the fringe. I didn't have time to take care of it at that moment (since it would involve restringing beads, getting a needle to resew it to the page, etc), but the more I moved it, the more beads fell off. So, Mr. Journal has been in time out for the past couple of weeks. I told him not to move one iota until I returned with glue.


And I still need to go back and fix the month of _ay too.........

Details, details.....

No comments: