Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Heart Things

My unofficial word for this year is Action.  And I have followed through with it quite bit so far (lots of things in progress that have not made it here yet though).

One of my "action" items that I have wanted to do many times but never got around to was to participate in Michelle Ward's monthly challenge.  February's challenge (No. 60) is to make a journal page(s) of things you love.  Michelle is great about providing downloads to use, if you choose.

I started my journal spread by making a big heart background with Inktense pencils.  Then I added some things that came to mind that I love.







As I worked, I thought of lots of other things I love, so I may do some more notes and scribbles on these pages before I'm done.

Thanks, Michelle, for years of great ideas and downloads to keep us all busy.  You have inspired many ideas, even though this is my first time to participate Officially.

You can see Michelle's challenges here, at the Green Pepper Press Street Team.

5 comments:

michelle ward said...

Pat, bravo for being "action" girl, and taking on this challenge in your journal, blogging about it and sharing with our team. Love the bunting! I'm partial to those colors too. Clever to use a map-heart for loving road trips! Thanks for coming to play, and for your kind words about the crusade site. Means alot to me to hear. I will revive the challenges again....just determining the best way to do it. Cheers.

Sylvie said...

Lovely page. Love your banners and the heart in map paper. I hope to see you in the last crusade in March.

gaye said...

What a great idea. Everyone would find it easy to journal what they love. Speaking of love, I love your stenciled hand and the map heart. Thats the way to connect the theme. A+.
BTW. I just hate having to type 2 words now to post. Sheesh!

Terri Corona said...

I too love your page, and think the map out of the heart is just fabulous. Welcome to the crusades...

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely journal pages -the colours are beautiful and I particularly love the little tag with the Chinese symbol on it and the banners. Fabulous!