Friday, December 17, 2010

Under Attack

Attack of the ice storm...

Attack of the starlings....


 Attack of the school supplies...


Yes, that is indeed a robin in the middle of December sitting in an ice covered tree. Brrr. Then a thousand starlings flew in like a big black carpet, then flew away. The school supplies? Well, that's what I found on a trip to a teacher supply store. I keep forgetting that store is there. They sell all kinds of teacher supplies, but are open to the public. It's been a long time since my last visit, and I was surprised to see they now sell a lot of scrapbooking supplies. Plus mini file folders in different colors. And library pockets and pocket cards in all colors.  And narrow masking tape in different colors.  Not that I would buy any of that... okay, fine, I bought all of it.


Even the ice storm did not deter me from my plan yesterday. I just got a later start than I had planned. I sure didn't want to miss out on a day with my freakishly tall friend (who uses the word 'freakishly' a lot) and my freakishly sick friend (being cared for so lovingly by her freakishly kind husband). We made freakishly cool books. A fun time was had by all.


1 comment:

J.La. said...

Thank you for braving the storm and risking your life to get your freak on with us! It was a freakishly good day!