We are in week three of the Full Tilt Boogie online class. But before I started the third journal, I wanted to finish the second one.
I was concerned. I picked out my cover last week - an old vintage photo album. This would have a hidden spine, so the cover is used intact. No problem. My cover is in good shape (considering the age). It was no problem to take out the stiff photo pages in the album... they were not even attached anymore. I cut and tore watercolor paper until I had enough signatures. I added in some of the old photo pages that came in the album. I was careful to not overstuff the book, and used less pages than what it looked like I should. I sewed the signatures together using strips of Tyvek for the tapes. And it all sat there for a week. I could not commit to glue. I was sure it needed more signatures - that spine is pretty wide. But my signature block was already done, all neat and tidy, sewn together like a Christmas package. (I also used painted Tyvek to support the spine inside the cover.)
I glued it in and it worked fine. The book is resting now, and the glue is drying. I'm very happy with it. Now I can move on to the third structure! Can't wait!