Friday, October 24, 2014

Messy Play

I got some new blue paints a few weeks ago and have not had time to play.  I decided today is the day.  I just can't go too long without clearing a space and making a mess. 

I went to my old standby, painting a little of each color to see what it looks like and labeling them.  I also used some other blue paints I had on hand for comparison.  As it happened, I had a plastic case that holds baby wipes.  The wipes had dried up, and I was about to throw out the case when I realized it would make a great palette.

To use up the rest of the paint, I blocked off part of the page with masking tape, brayered and stenciled paints.  With the paint that was left, I stenciled onto plain white paper.
When the paint dried, I cut the white paper into strips and squares and added that to the page. 
Added a little detail with white and black pens, and called it good.  I feel so much better now.

2 comments:

Medbury Gaye said...

No wonder you feel better. Paint colors are gorgeous and so was the paper you made.

j.La said...

I love the combination of colors!