Monday, February 16, 2015

Makin' Labels

Well, I've seen other artists doing it.  Whether it is printing a journal page onto a sheet of labels or making art directly on labels, it looks like fun.

I have labels in sheets that are meant to be used in an ink jet printer.  The two sizes I used were 1-1/3 x 4 (14 per sheet) and 2 x 2 (12 per sheet).  I copied some awesome collage sheets onto them (made by my friend, artist Gaye Medbury.)  Now, the thing about printing on labels is, you have to let go of what you want to be on any given label.  When you use them, you will have parts of things on each label, which really challenges you on what to do with them.

A few weeks ago, I had brayered acrylic paint onto tags.  They were just the thing for adding labels, then adding doodles, marks, and washi tape.  It was such a simple fun thing to do, and I am chomping at the bit to do more!

Here are some of my tags and printed labels.
 



I also used circle punches to punch out parts, and used them on my goals envelopes that are in my DLP 2015 journal. 
I think I could easily get addicted to making more of these tags and labels!

2 comments:

Medbury Gaye said...

I had a blast playing with the labels you gave me and printed several collage sheets. Played all day from your inspiration. Thanks. I just LOVED all your tags.

SarahS said...

great idea!!