Thursday, December 20, 2012

Doomsday Humor

I know a lot of people are freaking out because they think something catastrophic is going to happen on December 21, 2012, supposedly when the Maya calendar ends.  If you are reading this and it's Friday, Dec. 21, 2012, then nothing happened.  At least nothing that ended life as we know it.  (And if I'm wrong, none of you will be here to say 'I told you so' anyway!)


 
Almost two years ago, I bought this book by calligrapher Mark Van Stone, who has spent years studying Maya art.  He doesn't think the end of the calendar means the end of the world, so why should I. 
 
Of course, the main reason I bought the book was because, at the time, Mark would inscribe your name in Maya glyphs.  How often does that opportunity come along? 
 

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I like the pictures that I have seen comparing the Mayan calendar to an oreo cookie!
Rinda