Friday, November 15, 2013

Reporting for Duty

Remember the tote bag I bought that was mentioned in a previous post?
I finally got around to putting my cloth patches on it.  I had planned to sew them on, in case I wanted to take them off later to use somewhere else.  But that didn't work out too well.  It was hard to sew through the heavy canvas, so I decided to go with fabric glue. 
I used a different fabric glue than what I have used in the past, so this will be going through an endurance test. 

I got some of these patches off eBay and etsy.  Sometimes it amazes me how easy it is to get things that probably should be too official for the average person to obtain (i.e., official US Post Office patches).  But that didn't stop me from buying them!

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love, love, love this post!
Rinda

ginnycartersmallenburg said...

Hmmm. I see some patches Pam Sussman designed for me when I owned Creative Block. The tote looks beyond cool.