Sunday, July 27, 2014

Testing Grounds

Don't you love getting new art supplies?  For me that means another page of playing and testing.

I admit I do get easily suckered into something I may not really need, especially if it is on sale.  This journal was not only on sale, it was on "super" sale, and it came with 9 free pens.  I'm always looking for black pens in different sizes, so that sealed the deal for me. And since I was ordering anyway... decided to order the liquid pencil I've been wanting to try.
The journal is soft leather, with three kinds of paper (plain, lined, and dots), with pocket dividers. It feels good just to hold it.

I played around with the pens first (in another journal).  The result is that just because it says it's "permanent" does not mean it is.  These will be good pens for journal writing, but not necessarily for heavy duty use on other media.  I'm still trying to figure out how to use the liquid pencil, which I got in black rewettable and sepia permanent.  It will take a lot of playing on my part to figure out when and how to use them, and when to use permanent and when to use rewettable.  I was a little disappointed that the sepia was such a dark brown.  I expected a little redder color, but that's just me.

Bottom line, it was fun to test it all out.  (The borders of the boxes on the page were done with watercolor pencil and not any of the new supplies.)

1 comment:

Medbury Gaye said...

OOOOOOOH! I love the test pages. Very cool. And it looks like the new toys are going to be fun. The journal is cool too!