Saturday, January 22, 2011

Possibilities

I can't believe January is half over already.  I feel like I am getting a late start on the new year.  I guess it's because I worked New Year's Day and that whole weekend, and that's usually when I get things organized for the new year.  It wasn't until a few days ago that I felt like I had even begun to move in that direction. 

Sometimes I think I have too many journals, but then I ignore such nonsense.  I have my little stencil journal that shows up here from time to time.  Little bits of daily life go there, with only a few words of comment.  I have a writing journal that is just that.  I don't write in it daily, but usually it is part of my routine when I have a weekend off.  I love lazy mornings with a cup of coffee and a journal (with a real fountain pen if it's handy).

I learned last year I missed having a spiral bound datebook where I can paint pages and put in larger things. So I ordered another one for this year. For the second time, the theme is Stephen King. Everything gets painted anyway, so it doesn't matter to me what the theme is. But I am a Stephen King fan, so I painted the title page blood red and black!


But then another blank book came to me unexpectedly as a gift. This is an amazing journal. I have no idea what I will do with it, but it sure makes me think I need to practice making illuminated initials. I might use it for a lettering practice book because it has thin smooth pages. It is just full of possibilities.


Or maybe I'll paint maps in it.  I have been obsessed with maps for several months, and one of my back burner projects is to make a map book.  I was inspired by wedding maps seen here.  I think they are awesome!  I have been printing off maps of local walking trails and other touristy things in my area.  It is turning into one of those projects that is growing by the minute, and I haven't even started it yet!

No comments: