Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scratching the Itch

Hmm... that doesn't sound good, does it?  What that means is, sometimes there is something I want to try but I don't, then I find myself not able to concentrate on other things until I go back to what I wanted to try and get it out of my system.  Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone, but this is what came out of it. 

I saw a Folder Journal in the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.  I loved the idea of a journal made from a file folder, complete with pockets and pocket cards.  I kinda halfway started one, then put it aside, mainly because I was stuck on what direction to go with it, what theme (if any).  But I couldn't concentrate on other things I was working on, so decided to try to finish the journal once and for all and move on!  I just grabbed an old tattered sewing pattern, pattern pieces, old papers, scrapbook papers, and fabric scraps and went for it. 



I'm still not sure if I'm finished.  It could use something else on the front.  And I may do what the instructions said and run a stamp pad around the edges of the cards and the folder edges that show.  And add more holes and ribbons to the journal cards.

To see the samples from the magazine, see Karin Winter here.

2 comments:

gaye said...

That turned out great. Love your cover. I'm with you, I think it could use something else only on the front. The patterns are wonderful

Shelley Malone said...

LOVE IT!! Maybe some kind of a title on the front? Love this project though. : )