Sunday, April 15, 2012

True North

I have a lot of journals, and I have a lot of notebooks.  I recently came across an old notebook I had started a few years ago.  It had some decorating ideas that I was considering during a time when I really wanted to shake things up around me.
One thing in there was a paper stencil - actually, a 2-part stencil of a "compass rose".  My plan was to enlarge it really big and paint it on a blank wall.  I also had some large letters (about 12 to 18 inches tall) which I would hang to designate North and East on the compass design.

Needless to say, I never did that, and the blank wall has long since been covered up by two large bookcases.  But coming across the stencils, I decided I needed that compass on my journal map.  I had to reduce the design on the copier, then cut two stencils.  The part where I could use a ruler for cutting straight lines went quite well.  But on the rounded cuts, I didn't do so great.  Still, I'm liking the compass in the journal.

1 comment:

gaye said...

LOVE IT!