Saturday, May 3, 2014

Signs of Spring

I have been confused by spring this year.  It was such a cold winter. Then it got warm, then cold again, repeat, repeat...  My lilacs usually look like this, but kind of wimped out this year and didn't look like this at all.
One of my rites of spring is the E-cycle event held once a year.  It is a good place to get rid of unused electronic equipment. This year I was able to ditch my old printer, a couple of old keyboards, and other smaller items.  I think there was a dial-up modem in there too.  I takes only about 5 minutes to drive up to the line, pull up to the drop-off point, then several guys converge on my car, open the trunk, and wisk everything away to be recycled. Done and gone... It's a win-win for me.
I "donated" a box of old media, including some 3.5" disks.  These are the old kind with the metal thing on one end.  At the last minute, I decided I might need those metal things, maybe for altered books or something.  So I popped them off and kept a few.

Of course, this is my favorite spring item. 
Happy Derby everybody!! 

No comments: