Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dear Snow....

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I have to break up with you.  I know that in the beginning, I said I loved you, but that was when things were light and beautiful between us.
Lately though, I feel like there is a heaviness in the air.  I feel like your presence is weighting me down.
I used to love how you entertained me with your creativity, your uniqueness.

But now it seems that no matter how hard I work, you come along behind me and cover my tracks.
I feel like you are smothering me.  I admit it was a little creepy when I opened the garage door and there you were, piled up and trying to prevent me from leaving. 
Sometimes you don't even let me know you are coming, you just show up unexpectedly.   I try to be prepared, but this relationship has taken a lot out of me.  I feel I have given you my all this winter.
Even worse, sometimes I feel you are drifting away. 
So, over the next couple of days, I will help you clear your things from the driveway, but I feel it's time for you to move on.  In case you don't think I'm serious, I have a large quantity of rock salt with your name written all over it.
It's okay if you visit from time to time, but I never expected you to stay this long.

It's been fun.  Nothing personal.

No comments: