Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Coming up Rainbows

The monthly themes for the Documented Life Project 2016 Planner are posted on Saturdays.  So I already had some April things in my planner when the theme was posted.  It is "Reaching for Rainbows - Creating Outside the Lines".   Oddly enough, the first assignment for the Pocket Art Card (for a month with Rainbows as the theme) was to work in black and white!

I removed the page from my planner with the April tab on it.  I ended up putting lots of colors of bright washi tape all over the page, kind of like a rainbow.  Very bright!  I put a sticker on the page with the monthly theme written on it.
For my art card, I decided this month I will change the size and make them business card size.  I made this decision based on the fact that I just purchased some vinyl pages that hold business cards. As my planner gets thicker and I realize that two separate planners will probably not be enough for 12 months, I have kept my eyes open for other options.  I can buy more binders (mine were Maya Road brand for $5 each from Amazon), or see what else is available.  The office supply store does have 9 x 7 binders, but they are not any bigger than what I'm already using (as far as the width of the spine).

But next to those binders were other things to fit that size, dividers, pocket pages, etc.  I always like having options of what to use. 
 
Before I added the washi tape to the left side page, I was pretty happy with things so far in my binder.  However, when I put that page back in the binder, next to the April calendar, for some reason it looked so "busy" to me.  Just overwhelming, too much stuff going on.  But I found a very simple solution.
I moved the business card pocket page between these two pages.  It really breaks up all that busy-ness, and it will even more so as each pocket gets a card later.  There is even a tiny pocket next to each of the business card pockets, so I can put tiny photos or mementos there if I want to.
Things have a way of working out just right!  

And I have also worked some more on my April calendar page, toning down those dirty white circles with some blues and greens.

1 comment:

Medbury Gaye said...

I didn't find your pages busy however, I really like the business card page in between. Looks great.