In the last post, I showed my weekly pages (DLP 2016 planner) for March 13 and March 20. On the left side, you can see where I sewed fabric and a vinyl pocket page to the previous week. On the black cardstock, I used green Dylusions paint and a new stencil I was trying out. Not sure what else will go on that page, maybe nothing else at all.
For the week of March 27, I went in yet another different direction. I had some regular sized pocket pages, and picked the green one to use since I was using a lot of green. I cut it to fit the size of my planner binder. I put washi tape on the right side to keep contents from falling out of the pocket. Since April was right around the corner, I punched a tab from scrapbook paper and stamped April on it. My birthday happened to fall during that week, so I will put some birthday notes and goodies in the pocket.
In the past, I never would have done this, but I got out one of my play journals and cut part of a page out to use for my April monthly calendar in the planner. I liked how it looks with my green theme.
I drew circles for the days of the month, using a black water color pencil. I had a vision in my head of what this was going to look like. I used white paint to roughly paint in the circles, which activated the black watercolor. Hmm... does not look like the vision in my head at all. Maybe I should have used green instead of black.
But I kept going. Stamped the numbers for the days, added a border, and days and month at the top.
I wasn't one hundred percent happy with it, but I'm keeping it anyway. And it looked just fine next to the green pocket page. Or, it did at the time....