Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June Weeks

I was playing around with printing out some days of the week for another journal I keep, my writing journal.  I'm not always at my art table when I work on this, and thought it would be convenient to have some preprinted days to put on the pages.  I played with font and font size and printed some out. Since it's saved on my computer, I can print more as needed, changing font styles and paper.

Then it occurred to me that I could change the print parameters and print it in a landscape orientation (with just the seven days of the week), and it would be perfect for the planner page.

So that's what I did, for the week of June 5th.  Printed it on ledger paper, added some arty stickers and it's done.
I've recently been playing with a border stamp that I love. I can't tell you who makes it because I don't know.  (It was a gift.)  I just know I went crazy stamping the border on paper, card stock, tissue paper, label paper, and book paper.  I put a strip in my little notebook where i doodle when I'm on the phone. 
And that's how I ended up with this planner page for the week of June 12th.  That border stamp looks great when you cut around the edge of the design.
I'm happy with those two weeks.  I'm getting behind on my PACs (the art cards).  I usually start something once I know the theme, just to get some ideas flowing, then i put them in a plastic sleeve. I need to catch up with those.  It could be that once I finish them and add them to the planner, June won't fit in this binder after all, but we'll see!

1 comment:

Medbury Gaye said...

That stamp came from Lost Coast. It seems to be very versatile. Love both pages.