When I made my June calendar, I really had no idea where I was going. I had no plan in mind whatsoever. Lately, I seem to just pick up the last thing I laid down on the work table. In this case, it was a new collage sheet from my friend Gaye. I had printed it on label sheets, and I stuck parts of it all around the page to make a border.
I planned to use the calendar template from the DLP* downloads, but the regular size was too big. I reduced it but that was too small. I experimented until I got the size I wanted. Like Goldilocks says, it was Just Right!
Another thing I had laying around was old book pages where I had punched out some bird shapes. I was about to throw those away, but instead punched some ovals to use as dates on the next weekly page. For the base of the page, I used some kraft cardstock from my stash of background papers. I had previously stamped a design on it, I think it was with acrylic paints but it was a long time ago, and I don't remember now.
I divided my weekly page for the week of May 29 through June 4 using different washi tapes. Then I glued the oval numbers to the page.
The kraft cardstock is a little flimsy, so it will have a backing added for the next week before I attach my June tab to the edge.