Saturday, July 25, 2009

Anticipation


I can't believe Stampaway is only a couple of weeks away. I am not in a Stampaway frame of mind at all. At least I'm not teaching and don't have that to worry about! I miss teaching, but don't miss the work involved ahead of time. All I have to do is pack and show up at Gaye's at O-dark-thirty on the appointed day.


What I am excited about is the longest yard sale... I can't believe I'm thinking more about that than the convention! For those of you driving to Cincinnati, if you are interested in taking in at least a small part of the yard sale, you might consider making a stop in Covington, Kentucky. Off I-71, take the 5th Street exit, drive a few blocks to Main Street, then try to find parking in that area. Sixth Street is divided, with trees up and down the street, and lots and lots of tables set up everywhere. You can get in some good shopping just in that area, as much or as little as you want. Last year, there was a guy selling costume jewelry. I got some old metal mesh bracelets and some very interesting old pens which I'm hoping to use in books later.


And a few years ago, that area is also where Gaye and I found the infamous Leather Keyholes. Very Cool!!!

Last year, I also bought a grocery bag full of Barbies without heads. The seller did not ask me why I wanted Barbies with no heads, and I did not ask why they had a bunch of headless Barbies. The world is like that sometimes.....


Here's hoping for more of this global cooling we've been having!

See you in Cincinnati...




No comments: