Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time Flies

When I promised to post some of my goodies from the warehouse sale, my intentions were good.  You know how that goes.  I'm deep in more pressing matters right now, and I'm really missing Blogland and Artsyville.  I hope to visit them again soon!

Here are a couple of nice finds though... The license plate is from the antique mall.  I know I probably paid too much for it, but it was 75% off.  I liked the skinny size.  It is lying on one of the many magazines I got from Coffee Break, magazines I always plan to cut up for collage, but which I sometimes spend too much time reading instead.  Especially if one of the articles is about little folded up notes like the ones shown on the cover of the magazine. 

And I'm also thrilled to get some old ratty dishtowels.  Yes, I am.  Gaye had used some in a recent book she made, and it looked awesome.  We saw some at the antique mall that were between $12 and $7.  Each.  And they were not that great.  Gaye took me to an estate sale where I got a bundle of them for $1.  It pays to know people!  Even though at least one is destined for the trash, and even though others might be stained and holey, there are enough "good" months to cut off and use.  I mean, a dollar?  Can't beat it!


I also wanted to post this great picture of Ginny (of Small Studios) and Gaye taken in Indianapolis.  I think they both said it was okay to post it!!  We had such a fun day!


3 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

What lovely smiles1

Marti Schrock said...

My husband & I each brought a bunch of the calendar towels into our marriage. Someday I will find a fun project for them, but for now, I use them in my picnic baskets!

Hope to hit that big sale next year - I found out about it too late in 2010. I am in Franklin, Indiana - not too far south of Indianapolis.

gaye said...

Hey, I didn't see that book with all the cool folded up notes. I must be slippin'. Wouldn't that plate look cool on a book? Or not. It looks cool just sitting there. :-)