Monday, September 2, 2013

Treasures Galore

I had a fun day Saturday.  My friend Gaye had one of her famous Studio Sales.  This time, you paid one price to get in, then take all you want.  Gaye said she was too lazy to mark everything individually, but wanted stuff to move out of her house and to other artists' houses!  Believe me, you always get your money's worth when Gaye is in the mood to clean out her studio. 

This is just some of what I brought home with me...


A little of everything, but not so much I can't find a place for it.  It pays to know the yard sale queen!  You can't really tell in that last picture, but that is a negative in the middle.  I have a batch of them that I want to try using for sun prints.  I don't know why they would not work, but it should be fun to try.

The best part for me is always visiting with friends I only see once or twice a year.  Such a fun time.

Of course, while everyone is in the basement studio shopping, my main job is to stay upstairs to let people in and show them where the studio is.  During slow times, I wandered over to Gaye's china cabinet to take pictures of her Bailey's cups.  She keeps finding them, plus the accessory pieces, plus other similar pieces with faces on them.  She also just got a larger 2-piece cannister set that is adorable.

And so another sale comes to an end.  A fun time was had by all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that people think I got rid of all that cool stuff, when in reality, I just wanted less of it. I kept a little of everything.Feels great to have less. And don't you just love my canisters? YUM!

gaye said...

oops! hit the wrong button. Gaye