Saturday, January 10, 2015

Back on the Grid

For several years, I have kept a "writing" journal (no art) in books with graph paper.  I found one on a sale table once, and now whenever I see one on sale, I grab it.  Last year, I experimented with adding dates and stenciling to the covers of past years' journals.  I also started adding little bits of art amongst the writing in the 2014 journal.   Many times, it was just creative ways of dating the page or designating the names of the months, or adding border art. 
 
I have one more of the books left, and now that we are on the 10th day of the month, I opened it to the first page and stenciled in the year 2015.  I thought I was going to be done after just sponging on some ink, maybe stamp a couple of things on the page.  But then I started stamping things inside the numbers themselves.  I had lots of fun in a short amount of time.  Now, time to catch up the past 10 days and try to keep up with the days as they speed by.




1 comment:

Medbury Gaye said...

Very cool. I really like how you stamped in the numbers. Great look!