Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Making a Commitment

I am being very ambitious this year.  I have signed up for the Documented Life Project 2015 online journal class.  I watched last year's results as people posted their work online and decided to jump in this year.

The first order of business was to get the recommended journal they are using (which is optional, but I had been wanting to try out this journal anyway).

The theme for January is addressing the blank page.  Before I got to the assignment, I painted the first couple of pages and added a calendar for January.  The calendar is a free printable calendar, and I printed mine on tan grid paper.  They had lots of calendars to choose from, but I just printed the first one I found that was in the right orientation and would fit my page.
The first assignment is to cover up that blank page with other paper.  I used all kinds of papers including security envelopes.  I always feel great when using up things in my stash, and in fact that is one of my goals this year, to Use all that stuff!
Instead of using acrylic paints to cover the papers, I am trying out acrylic inks.  I have no idea if I'll be able to write on it, but I have some scraps I also painted to test out pens.
I still have things to add to all my pages.  We can add goals for the year if we wish.  I think I am going to put a small envelope on the page for Small Goals, and a larger envelope for Big Goals.   I may also add some of these items below... more from the stash.  The photos are printed on fabric and are left over from a project from last year where I printed off some of friend Gaye's art. I also have a pad of "list" papers that I got off a sale table of Smash book products. 
So, I still have a few things to do this week to finish up the first assignment.  I am having fun with it so far.  But one of my goals will definitely be to follow through.  I have a really bad habit of starting things like this and not finishing them to completion.  Gaye is taking the class too, so I know that will help inspire me to keep going!

3 comments:

Medbury Gaye said...

Yummy! I really think this is going to be fun. I'm having a little trouble with the large format. I thought I might. Really like the inks.

Lois Kirkwood said...

I'm doing the DLP Journal 2015, too. I love your inks. Did you use a brush or .... ? I look forward to seeing more of your pages.

Pat said...

Hi, Lois,
Yes, I used a brush to apply the inks, and wiped a little with baby wipes as I went along (but these inks dry pretty fast). There is a thin layer of white gesso under the inks also.
Thanks for stopping by!