Friday, February 26, 2016

Looks good on paper...

Getting ready to make my weekly page for next week for the DLP 2016 UnPlanner class, so it's time to post the page I made for this past week.   Even though I like printing the weekly form on different papers, I felt like the pages were all starting to look the same.  On this one, I already had the big flower on the back of the previous week (the flower sticker was to cover some smudged black ink on the cream colored cardstock.  The art itself is a freebie from class that I had printed on label paper).  I really had no plan, other than to not have the days of the week lined up normally.  I used a stencil to draw the words for the days of the week, and water color pencil to box them in. I'm happy that I ended up with something with a completely different look. 

Next, this is probably something I should keep to myself, but it is what it is!  I started the year with one page in my planner to show the weekly assignments we would do each month.  Then I needed someplace to put the monthly/weekly themes, so I made a page to do that.  Last week, I decided I needed a spread sheet to track what I had and had not finished.  I don't finish each assignment each week, and sometimes I don't do an assignment at all.  But since I work in such a random fashion (on the art cards, for instance), I needed to know what I still needed to do.  It's only the second month.  Who knows what kind of tracking page I will end up with by December!
I also printed out a year-at-a-glance page just for my personal use.  It was intended to go in the planner notebook, but it may end up on my bulletin board instead.  I got it from this website which has a lot of different types of pages to download and print.  A lot of journalers are using the Midori Traveler's Notebook.  I love the concept - pages are held in by elastic bands, and you buy the types of pages or inserts you want.  If you want to make your own, the website I linked to provides different pages for doing that. Just print what you want to use.
Waiting for tomorrow's assignment, and I feel the urge to paint something, so I may have paint on my next pages!

No comments: