Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Go For It

One of the things I've challenged myself to do this year is to take more pictures.  Too many times, I have thought (too late) that I wish I had taken a picture of something.  So I'm trying to wish less and Do more.

Which is why, when I was in the office at the phone company this afternoon, I took a picture of this phone.

I did ask permission first. It was right there between the Spiderman phone and the multi-handset system. The clerk told me they sold more of the Fuzzy phone than you'd think. I don't want one, but I do want a picture of one.


And then driving home, I then found myself going from the Fuzzy Phone to traipsing through a muddy field. I pass this old barn a lot. I suspect it is being torn down. Every time I pass it, I want a picture of it. I keep telling myself that the next time I drive by, it may be gone completely and I will have lost my chance.

It stands on a hill. Its glory days are over. There's just something about that skeleton of a roof that I find fascinating.





Its red paint has long ago faded.  The hinges and nails are still bright red.

But, in spite of my muddy shoes and the fear that I was going to get in trouble for trespassing, I won't have any regrets now if it's gone the next time I drive by.

3 comments:

letterlady said...

Love the barn! Love your photography! I'm glad you risked the muddy shoes. Glad you took a fuzzy phone photo too. : )

jan b. said...

I agree ... that roof skeleton is just too cool!!!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Fabulous pictures. I love them. I have a great affinity for buildings like this.. My heart just froze when I saw your photographs. Thank you so much for sharing them.