I have been in a dead zone artistically lately. I chalked it up to simply a heavy work schedule, with little play time. So when I started rummaging for my clear packing tape (to use for its intended purpose of sealing up a box for mailing) all that bottled up creative energy escaped and set forth to make things. A couple of hours later, I had these.
One is a calendar idea I've been working on. It's still not finished, but I added a few more things to it. The middle book is one I had made a few weeks ago, but had never put the covers on. That was because I wasn't totally happy with the book in general. I was trying out a new size and a new plastic type cover.
The top book is just pure randomness (if that's a word). I had some strips of paper left over from cutting some larger sheets. It was nice paper, so I put it aside for the time being. When I came across the paper again, I decided to either do something with it or toss it. So I tore and folded, folded some more, and ended up with a little book about 4 x 5 inches in size. Some paper strips were longer, so if they stuck out, I folded them in and sewed them on the machine. The covers are scraps of watercolor paper where I had cleaned off my paint brush when I was playing with acrylic inks recently. I added other scraps and bits (including a felt button on the cover). As you can see, most of what I do is in the blue family, so when I have leftover scraps, they all work together well.
I still don't know what I'm going to do with this book, and it has no intended purpose right now. But I sure had fun with it. It pays to go with the flow, and follow the muse wherever it takes you.
(Unfortunately, the box I was taping up never got mailed...)