Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Possibilities

This might become a book cover.
Or... this might become a book cover.
Or... this might become a book cover. 
Go with the flow. Follow the muse. See what happens.


Whatever happens, it will involve security envelopes and lots of them.
 
 My best friend Gaye has been playing with security envelopes, and it made me want to also. The only thing is, we haven't seen each other in ages, so it will be fun to get together later and see what we both end up with!

I also got distracted and made some "tiles" for my cover.  I remember seeing a Tim Holz video where he used his Fragments clear tiles.  I made mine by using JudiKins Diamond Glaze to glue old postage stamps (among other things) to the clear tiles.  I think he used Glossy Accents instead of Diamond Glaze, but they both work and both dry clear. 

I can't wait to play more with pages and get the book finished.

4 comments:

Carin Winkelman said...

Those self made tiles are amazing! I'm also very jealous of the wonderful security envelope patterns that seem to be going on on the other side of the Atlantic. Over here I only get bland grey ones, no patterns at all. :-(

gaye said...

If you're only getting grey sec. enve. you probably aren't paying enough attention. Today I pulled a few out of the Post Office trash. (Where the people check their p.o. box mail. I kept looking around to see if the Post Master General was going jump out from around the corner and arrest me for mail fraud.
And Pat, I just love all your sign. You've inspired me to play with something different. Can't wait to get started. :-)

Carin Winkelman said...

Not only do I check my own mail, I check the mail that comes into the office at my job, where I assign the post to people, so I see a lot of envelopes. Trust me, grey grey grey.

J.La said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with using the security envelopes! I've see grey, green, red, and several shades of blue up here.