Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Check it out

I am itching to get back to my security envelope book shown in the last post, but I've been occupied with other things.  However, I have been gathering bits of stuff to put in it. 

In the process of doing that, I came across the checkbook register I showed on my blog in August 2010.  Now, some people might be shy about saying they came across a project they started over a year ago and didn't finish.  Not me!  If I start something, even if I don't finish it at the time, I at least won't forget the technique I wanted to try.  If I had never started this project, I would never ever have remembered it by this time.  If you recall, I was inspired by someone else who had taken a class with Orly Avineri and they made a book from a checkbook register.  At the time, I painted my pages and that's about it.  The last few days, I have added more and more, but it has a long way to go before it is really fattened up like I want it to be.  I love picking it up and flipping through the pages, even though I already know what's in there.  I am going to fatten it up like a Thanksgiving turkey!


No comments: