Sunday, May 24, 2009

Queen of Denial

DATELINE: Kentucky, May 24, 2009--
This was in the local paper today (hope it's large enough to read the headline)...


What turkey? Did I mention a turkey? Not me. I never mentioned a turkey, I never photographed a turkey, never gave birdseed to a turkey, never blogged about a turkey. Nope. Not me. Besides, my turkey does not look like he has been traumatized by being smuggled in from New Mexico. He is way too laid back. I caught him sleeping in a tree yesterday morning when I went out extra early. By the time I got my camera and went back outside, he was already out of the tree and back on the ground.
As for the newspaper article, seems like there would be more profitable illegal activities besides smuggling turkeys. It's not like there aren't enough of them already!!

2 comments:

MIke M. said...

I won't be buying any turkeys from KY.

Don't threaten me!

Are you coming to IN with Gaye in a couple of weeks?

Pat said...

I don't think I'll be buying any turkeys in Ky either!! Yes, we are already looking forward to our road trip! I've had it on my calendar since March. Hope you and Chris will have lots of fun stuff for us!