Monday, May 11, 2009

Security Detail

The great thing about the Land of Blog is that no matter what you are doing, thinking about, learning, seeing, eating, or making, there is someone else right there with you and they are probably blogging about it. I was looking for a blog address I had saved (which I never did find), and I came across another blog I had saved which had a recent post about security envelopes and the fascination with the patterns in various envelopes. I have to admit, yes, there was a time I was saving all my patterned security envelopes to make something "some day". When I first started saving them, I was like a kid with baseball cards. Everytime something came in the mail with a different pattern, I thought "ooh, I don't have That one", and it would go in the stash. Then I had a sudden onset of decluttering one day and threw them out.

But now, well, even I am overwhelmed at what people are doing with them. Check out this blog by book artist Rhonda in Canada here. And be sure to check out some of the links, including the link to the Flickr photos. I had no idea there were so many variations and so many shades of blues and grays.
Since I don't have any projects made with security envelope paper to go with this post, I just traced some shapes onto the paper and cut them out. These are my man buttons and lady person (looks a bit like Queen Elizabeth and her security detail!)

1 comment:

Gaye Medbury said...

What a cool idea. Love the envelopes
Gaye