Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Three R's

Instead of Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rithmetic, we are exploring three (w)riting examples....

Have you seen the movie "Angels and Demons"? I have not, but surely we all know it's out there. The interesting thing is, the logo spells the same upside down (an ambigram) It was done by the amazing John Langdon. My mind just does not work that way. I even have Langdon's book Wordplay (the title he designed is also an ambigram), but I would need years to figure out how he does this. See his work here. And yes, the Tom Hanks character's last name is Langdon... no coincidence!

Then we have this. Cake Wrecks. Just found about about this site. The lesson is, if you are going to decorate your own cake, make sure you have good spelling, good penmenship, and good spacing. Too funny. Lots of beautiful cakes here too.
My favorite:


And lastly, some of my own work. I did this little purse book a few years ago, but recently donated it to a calligraphy auction/fundraiser. I always liked this little book. It will soon be in the hands of the winning bidder.



Now, go 'R something.

No comments: