Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Number nine...number nine...

I'm thinking ahead for a change. I've been pondering what kind of monthly divider to use for my journal for September. What on earth could I use this time. What do I have nine of to spell out September? Nine things for the ninth month? Then, as so often happens, I got distracted and wondered if any of the other months had the same number of letters in their name that corresponded to the number of month (September is the 9th month and has 9 letters). Oh, okay, I admit it... I was once a math major a long time ago. Numbers just fascinate me. And FYI, September is the only month that fits that criteria. I guess it is special. And now it has me also thinking ahead to 09-09-09, which will be the date in a couple of weeks!

Anyway........ (are you still there?)..... What nine things did I come up with for the September divider?



None. I came up with One thing instead - a stencil of the number 9. I stenciled the 9 on both sides of a folded piece of canvas. Then I used watercolor crayons to color it (and also used a piece of plastic grid underneath on both the paper and the canvas). I brushed with a wet brush and let it all dry. After the paper dried, I stamped a swirl pattern, then sewed the number 9 to the page on the sewing machine. Done.

Below is a better look at the true colors....


I think Gaye was thinking that my picture of the mystery box was not a very good picture. It's all in perspective... in MY mind, I was thinking it would intrigue the viewer, making them wonder what else is in that box. Much like this picture below might make one wonder what else is in that bag....

Perspective, perspective..... (either way, there are goodies to be found!!)

1 comment:

gaye said...

There are goodies everywhere!!!!! I can hardly move.