Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beignet, Anyone?

Laissez le Bon temp rouler! *

Did you get your Mardi Gras on today?  Have some King Cake and wear your beads?  I have never been to Mardi Gras.  I went to a faux Mardi Gras parade once.  It was in another coastal city, not the real thing.  But it was pretty wild for a faux Mardi Gras, so I can only imagine what the real thing is like in New Orleans!  If you want a peek of New Orleans tonight, just click here and go to one of the parade cams.  I just checked and all I saw was a dump truck and some guys shoveling up party debris.  Not very exciting!  (But then it's early as I write this.)  I wonder if all those partiers realize that to party "historically/accurately", they need to fast for 40 days after today? 
:-)

Sometime I will talk about how much I love, love far away web cams.  I routinely travel on a river ferry across the Rhein.  I sit in the little German coffee shop and watch the river all day.  Yes, I do.  Sometimes I do.  C'est la vie.

(Okay, I've used up all the French I know, so I'd better go study some more!)

*(Lazay Lay Bon Tom Roulay) - Let the Good Times Roll!

4 comments:

gaye said...

You leave me speechless. What are you thinking about today. You definitely need a road trip

Pat said...

The internet makes me look SO much smarter than I really am! Thank you, Google...
(Today's post was inspired by the Mardi Gras face magnet I received as a gift from my sister a couple of years ago. It is on my file cabinet year round, so I decided to take a picture of it in honor of Mardi Gras today!!)

paula:) said...

ME ME ME - I want a beignet - YUMMO. Love them. Hope you have a great week!!!!

jennifer said...

Yes, count me in. I love beignets too. Love to eat them while wearing black pants so the powdered sugar really stands out when it gets all over my clothes!!