Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dig Deep

Don't you wish there was a new post here? 

I do too!!

For some reason, the more I have to work, the more ideas I have for play.  Right now, I am suddenly obsessed with wanting to carve stamps and make background papers.  But I'll be working all weekend.  I carved this stamp over the course of two evenings because I had to get it out of my system.

I don't understand people who get bored.  It just never happens to me... there are always a dozen things I want to do.  Even as a kid... well, let's just say there was once a little girl who could not decide whether she wanted to ride her bike or read her new library book.  Doing both at the same time is not advised.  Because you might ride you bike into a parked car.  And the car might belong to some people visiting from "up north".  And they might be cranky and mean and call the police.  And it might scare the daylights out of a little eight year old.  If that were to happen that is.....

4 comments:

gaye said...

You did a great job. I wish I liked to carve. I just don't think my brain can see what to carve out. I get all confused.

ginnycartersmallenburg said...

Tell Gaye to try carving wih her seam ripper.
Pat, your carving is wonderful. I haven't carved in years and had forgotten how much I loved it.

Monkey Mind said...

Great stamp! What lovely, intricate work. I'm about to embark on a self made stamp journey. We'll see how it goes. I'll try not to do it while riding a bike! The things we did as kids...it's amazing we lived to tell the tale.

last minute lynn said...

Gorgeous stamp. You are a skillful carver!