Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mini Books and Tags

Last week I gave a program to teach a mini envelope book, and it turned out to be so much fun. 

There were lots of pockets to fill and I learned that I could make a tag "tab" out of just about anything.  I used scraps of paper, circles folded in half... even a smaller tag attached to make a bigger tag.  These are all just under 4 inches square. 

The two at bottom left started out as page dividers for a three ring notebook.  I just cut to size for the size tag I needed.  Love that!  I used up a lot of little bits and scraps of paper, fabric and yarn by the time I was finished.   It feels great to use up leftovers like that.  Go Play!

2 comments:

gaye said...

I was the lucky recipient of the book with the 7 on it. Can't tell you how great it is. I keep looking at every page and pulling out secret pages everywhere. Very cool! Thanks Ms. Pat

Jennifer said...

These look like so much fun! Color, secret pockets, ribbons, cool paper. Wish I could have been at KCG to learn this technique from you Pat!