Monday, August 2, 2010

Rollover Minutes

Blogger has some new backgrounds that I want to play with, but right now it's on the list of "things to play with when I get more time".  Someone keeps stealing hours from my day.  If I find out who you are, there is going to be heck to pay.  Someone must be stealing them, because I haven't been using them and they keep disappearing.  Maybe someone will invent "rollover minutes" for real time, not just cell phone plans.  Wouldn't that be nice?  To rollover extra time from one day to another day....

Meantime, I went to Big Lots to look for some cool envelopes Gaye told me about.  Naturally, my Big Lots didn't have the same thing hers did.  Of course, that didn't stop me from spending an hour of my life there and dropping a bunch of $$$.  They did have Krylon spray paint for $2 a can, which made me happy.

I have a two page signature where I am testing writing materials over spray paint.  White gel pen on spray paint - not bad!


I had forgotten I put some Inktense watercolor pencil on some of the circles.  I meant to add water before I took pictures.  Someone stole my attention span before that happened.  I forgot until I saw the close-up picture on my computer screen and wondered what the green was in the circles!  I must go play now...

4 comments:

letterlady said...

It seems that there is a whole lot of thievery going on in your neighborhood. Do you have an alarm system?

LOL - always enjoy your posts.

Carin Winkelman said...

Ah, I know that feeling of time being stolen from you. In my case I know exactly who takes it though, it's those people at the office that say I have to be present eight to nine hours a day to work for them. I mean, who do they think they are? Can't they see I have art to make? They know just how to make me come anyway, because they bribe me with their money and they know damn well I need money to pay for such luxuries as rent and food and yes art supplies. And that's how they get away with it and I am left scraping time together of what is left over after they're done with me. Life is so unfair! ;-)

Pat said...

Bingo! I think you have uncovered a giant conspiracy. Because your office people sound a whole lot like my office people.. with their paychecks and their benefits package and the occasional vacation days we are allowed...

Alexandra said...

Sadly, I actually seem to have less time on my days off. On work days, my precious free-time is fiercely guarded and used for arterior motives.

Thanks for keeping this blog, Pat. It's my favorite place to get a craft and comedy fix at the same time