Thursday, March 24, 2011

But first...

Plan:  Go to the grocery store after work.

What happened in reality: 
I notice the open journal on the work table.  I had started a color chart the day before using a small fold-up watercolor box.  I bought the box years ago, always envisioning myself out on hikes, making nature sketches. [Insert laughter here.]  I made a row of color down the left side and a row across the top, but decided I didn't have enough room across the top, so I abandoned the idea.  But on the way to get ready for the trip to the grocery store, I instead sat down and started filling in the rest of the page with other stuff.  I liked it.

Now I can go to the grocery store.  But first, I'll take this leftover acrylic ink that I had used for lettering, and paint a couple of journal pages in my other journal.  Oops, not quite enough to finish, so I poured out some more acrylic ink.  Now I had some left over again.  I decided to use the rest on some fabric.

As I've done in the past, I put some stick-on letters and numbers on the fabric, then used a lot of water and the ink on the fabric.  I liked it.

But the fabric was really wet, so I tried a new thing (for me).  I took a piece of paper (I think it is Lenox, but might be Stonehenge), and pressed it hard onto the wet, painted fabric.  I could not believe how well it picked up the detail of the thread in the fabric.


To the store now?  No, there was still a little ink left, so I painted another piece of fabric.



Off to the store now?  What store?  I think my brain has spring fever.  And I have a nice little pile of stuff for future projects. 

7 comments:

Danee said...

hilarious, everything is more fun than grocery shopping and art work for sure is more fun. I love what you made especially the cool fabric with the numbers

Sarah said...

ok, I know what I'm doing today! Besides going to work...uh maybe...how convenient that I have the craft table up in the living room right now....

gaye said...

You are as bad as me...jumping from one thing to another. I don't feel quite so ADD now. :-) love what you did and can see your brain spinning all the way to the end.

J.La. said...

Grocery store schmocery store! Make art, Girl! So much more fun and you are sooo good at it!

paula said...

Pat this is great fabric. I need to try some. YOU TOTALLY INSPIRE ME SWEETIE.

Christine Meador said...

Pat,
I got sidetracked like you on my way to the gym to work out-they closed at 7 pm today so I guess I'll just have to keep working in my journal!

gaye said...

Chris, I'd rather play than sweat any day!