Friday, January 1, 2016

Twenty Sixteen

Happy New Year!  I always feel like I have a fresh start on the first day of a new year.  I don't make resolutions, no sense setting myself up for failure.  I do like to have goals in mind, but there is no punishment if I don't accomplish them all.

I have unfinished business from last year, mainly my Documented Life Project 2015 Journal.  There are several weeks that I skipped over, and I will finish those.  The assignments will be a nice change of pace from whatever else goes on this year.

I am already suffering from Journal Indecision for 2016.  That is not a good way to start the year.  It is not uncommon for me to have more than one journal going on at the same time.  But this year I am very indecisive about what I want to do.
I usually have my "grid journal", a small journal for writing that has graph paper pages.  I couldn't find one this year and ended up buying a larger lined journal (above).  It will mainly be for writing, but I will also add stamping and stenciling, washi tape, other fun stuff.

I have also signed up for Documented Life Project 2016, the Unplanner.  This is a three ring binder with inserts.  I have played around with their generous downloads of pages for calendars, weekly planner, lists, etc.  I'm anxious to see where that will take me! To see what it's all about, watch their video here.

Before I got my lined journal, I bought this book, Year of the Doodle.  I really love the images of ephemera used on the printed page. I didn't get it to doodle, but planned to use it for my writing journal.  Then I decided that I sometimes need more room for certain days than what that provides.  Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet.  Maybe an idea journal.  I'm always jotting ideas on scraps of paper while I'm working, and then they end up lost or accidentally thrown away. 


So, that is the State of the Arts at my house on this first day of 2016.  Hope everyone has a most wonderful year ahead, lots of creative ideas, and a heart full of joy!

No comments: