Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No Foolin'

Happy April Fools Day (for those so inclined to celebrate). I bought a couple of these candy bars the other day. How on earth have I lived in Kentucky for 17 years and never had a Blue Monday candy bar (from Ruth Hunt Candy, a Kentucky company)??? (It's hard to photograph with that shiny foil wrapper). Of course, I am partial to semisweet chocolate anyway. The website says the center is "pulled candy". I don't know how to describe the taste. And the ingredient list is no help. One ingredient listed is "glycerine". The web site says they "use no wax or paraffin" in their candy. Does that mean other candy Does have wax? Wonder how many other odd ingredients we ingest every single day...I should read the ingredients list more, I suppose. Oh, well, I'll enjoy this yummy treat, and look for the mint version the next time I'm out and about...

No comments: