Thursday, April 30, 2009

Talk Derby to Me


Yes, it's Derby time in the 'Ville, Louisville that is. I have not been following any of the talk on which horse is favored or which has the best story. I just know Friday is a holiday at my corporate office, but some of us are required to work so I will get holiday pay without even trying. Yeah!

I came across these pictures on an old memory card. I had forgotten I had taken them, but decided to revisit them, crop them, and post them.


Attention to my home girls in Louisville...on one of my visits up there next time, we should all go on a photo safari downtown. There are a lot of intersting patterns and textures to take pictures of. I had planned to print some of these on fabric, and maybe I'll eventually get around to that. Lots of projects in my head.

I love these interesting bicycle racks, all done by different artists.

This is one thing I have learned from reading other blogs. There is always something interesting in your path, if you only open your eyes and look around. You don't necessarily have to go to exotic locations, just train your eyes to see things differently. Or maybe to see things for the first time again. And it is certainly helpful if you actually remember to have a camera with you when you experience this Newness of Seeing.

3 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

I really like your blog! I wanted to follow but you don't have a following list. You do beautiful art work. I wrote down the name of your blog, I'll visit again. Welcome to blogland!!!! Blessings, Deborah

The Painted Nest said...

Pat, If you would go into your set up's~~~ you could get a following going. Alot of people would love to see your work. It's just a thought. Blessings, Deborah

Pat said...

Thanks, Deborah, both for your comments and the suggestion. I have added the follower link now. I am still learning about all the features I can add, so hang in there! I visited your site and love your work.
Pat