Monday, March 29, 2010

Something No. 20

20.  I like birds.
I know that isn't very art-related, other than the fact that I would like to try my hand at watercolor paintings of them (it's on my list!)

I have the usual visitors one would find in the eastern part of the U.S. 

There are some birds I can never seem to get pictures of, but I'll keep trying.

And I occasionally have a surprise.

This guy was on the telephone pole in the backyard, and when I opened the door to try to get a better picture, he flew away.  I was surprised when he landed on the neighbor's deck.  He sat there for quite some time, like he owned the place.  Or like he was waiting for someone to fire up the grill for a cookout!
It's a regular Mutual of Omaha moment around here sometimes.
(If you were born after 1970, that was a nature show. )
:-)

No comments: